I Have CS5 But Not Enough RAM

So I have CS5 on my computer but only 2 GB of ram. Right now Im trying to do some slow motion stuff and was wondering what a good editing program is that requires less memory.

I have

Windows 7
64 bit (I think)
Around 200 GB of memory (100 is used)
2 GB of RAM

I also have windows movie maker but I dont think that has enough effects for me. Ive used it a few times and remember thinking it sucked. Anyways any recommendations?

Ex. http://vimeo.com/9744624

Lastly, to get good slow mo on my t2i what fps and shutter speed should I shoot at? Im guessing 30 in 1080 or 60 in 720 but what shutter speed should I go for? If I go too high wont I risk making it look very jerky?

Thanks!

Also, the upgrade to my computer is about $100 for 8gb of ram but my roommate has most editing programs so theyre pretty much free for me just need to know which you would suggest.

Last edited:
Ok.

Buy more RAM! I am getting a new editing Setup with 24gb of rams :D That might be overkill, but hey, why not.

For slowmo, shoot at 60 fps with a shutter speed of 120. (Rule of thumb is: Use double the shutter speed of the fps).
Dont just use the slider in Adobe Premiere, to create slowmo, by slowing down the video, but downconvert it to 24fps. So essentially, it will fit 60 frames into 24fps, giving you a much smoother slow motion.

IF you have After Effects and Twixor, use that, its great!

Phil

So I have CS5 on my computer but only 2 GB of ram. Right now Im trying to do some slow motion stuff and was wondering what a good editing program is that requires less memory.

I have

Windows 7
64 bit (I think)
Around 200 GB of memory (100 is used)
2 GB of RAM

I also have windows movie maker but I dont think that has enough effects for me. Ive used it a few times and remember thinking it sucked. Anyways any recommendations?

Ex. http://vimeo.com/9744624

Lastly, to get good slow mo on my t2i what fps and shutter speed should I shoot at? Im guessing 30 in 1080 or 60 in 720 but what shutter speed should I go for? If I go too high wont I risk making it look very jerky?

Thanks!

Also, the upgrade to my computer is about $100 for 8gb of ram but my roommate has most editing programs so theyre pretty much free for me just need to know which you would suggest.

Stick with CS5. Get more RAM (8GB). 60FPS, 1/120 shutter speed.

Back