• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch I don't like commercials much but I've made one. Opinions?

I needed to make an information video about my music store, so I created this with my animation software. I really don't like pushy commercials shouting out how good everything is, I want pure information before I buy something. Anyway, I still want to reach out to people who are actually looking for the kind of stuff I do, and just want to create an informative video. So, I would like to know, is this OK, informative and not pushy? Do you get the information, enough time to read and grasp, or is it to fast, to dull? Honest opinion would be appreciated. And Yes, I know, by showing off this video here, it is a bit pushy, sorry about that.
I was a little unsure about putting the video here instead of under Promotions, but it seems this was the right place. But please be aware of that this video also could function or be perceived as a commercial message for people here who needs music for their movies. Therefore I removed the video embedding, and just showing the Youtube link, then people will actively choose if they still want to watch it. I really don’t want to be pushy! Click if you still want to watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHq3n7U25Q4&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
I'm not sure whether you're posting this to try to say, "Use me" or you're genuine about wanting to know what we think about your advert.

Feedback: Advertising along with film are emotional mediums. You failed to move me. It was more about you than about the consumer. Think WIIFM.

Suggestion: A before and after. I've seen a post sound house do it, and it was very effective.

This thing is dull. As in deadly dull -- you're killing potential customers with this.

Control "X" this and start anew. I wouldn't even try fixing it.

Good luck.

We review and write commercials and promo videos on a daily basis. Don't listen to the irrelevant criticisms posted here. The simplistic, yet informative, and embellishment-free nature of your video is precisely what makes it relatively refreshing. There is also a confident quality to your video, which conveys that you have faith in your products and don't need to flaunt or over-sell them.

the only thing that i didn't like the was the redundancy of showing high budget, low budget, no budget one at a time and then all three at once. i didn't think that was necessary to show all three at the end

Good points, thanks

Thank you all for taking the time to give good comments and points. [/I]Yes sfoster, I thought a while on the lingering on the "budget" stuff, the reason why I let it stay was I would really like to inform about the possibility also for those with low or no budget, cause most of us film creators have been in that position, being young or new and wanting to make a film with no resources at all.

Yes, (about Sweetie's comment that was also my dilemma, something I thought of, showing a "commercial" for my own purpose, but I wanted true opinions from people who are likely to watch stuff like this, so what could be better than asking people here, I’ve never made a commercial before and don’t know anything about it, still prefer to think of it as an information video.

ChimpPhobiaFilms, I guess I could point out somewhere that there are more demos at the site (otherwise the background music is thought to serve as a short example). I'm thinking about doing variations on this too, one shorter, but it could be one longer too, with more music examples. I was afraid this video was way too long because people have less patience nowadays.
And last, since I make music from heart, it will definitely not suit everybody, music relates in a highly degree to our emotions and personality and what one person love some other could dislike, that’s just the way it is. I just would like to reach out to people who would need this kind of material.
(Phil Gary Arts) nice said, good to hear!

Last edited:
Thank you all for good comments and points. [/I]Yes sfoster, I thought a while on the lingering on the "budget" stuff, the reason why I let it stay was I would really like to inform about the possibility also for those with low or no budget, cause most of us film creators have been in that position, being young or new and wanting to make a film with no resources at all.

Maybe there can be a different way to drive that point home without repeating yourself back to back. Maybe like.. "many tracks available for free" just something so you're not repeating yourself verbatim

I might be misunderstanding you. What information are you trying to get across?

Well, the basic info, as for example, If I were looking for some video editing software, I would like to know, where can I find it, what can it do, how much will it cost, for what purpose is it suitable for, not any other bla, bla. So much commercials are saying a lot of stuff, using a lot of words and trendy terms, and in the end, you almost don't know what the thing was for or how it really works.
I just want to inform, what the site is, give some perception of to whom it may be useful, and where it is, in enough time, without being boring or to fast so you don't have time to read and grasp it.

ChimpPhobiaFilms, I guess I could point out somewhere that there are more demos at the site (otherwise the background music is thought to serve as a short example). I'm thinking about doing variations on this too, one shorter, but it could be one longer too, with more music examples. I was afraid this video was way too long because people have less patience nowadays.

AMEN! to that part about people having less patience. That's why most indie film trailers and commercials fail - too long and boring.

It would have been neat at some point during the video if you had the titles "ACTION" "SUSPENSE" "HORROR" "COMEDY" etc, etc, etc put to music of the genre on the screen. Maybe some shots of strings and piano keys quickly moving would be neat as well :)

Anyway, best of luck with the music thing :cool:

Back