• Hang out

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Watch films

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lurk

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • All

Votes: 19 38.8%
  • I don't know exactly, I just know I love this community - IndieTalk rocks!

Votes: 9 18.4%

• Total voters

indietalk

IndieTalk Founder
Staff Member
Admin
Clive's post has inspired a poll...

I come to IndieTalk to....

All mostly.

I do tend to lean towards networking, learning, and asking questions though. I don't do much film promotion for example. In fact I just realized that my entry for the next Indietalk competition is going to be the first piece of work I have posted here... wow.

You're working on an entry, Mr Shaw? Rar! :cool:

I pretty much take advantage of every aspect of the board (aside from Buy/Sell/Rent & Promo)... there are things I know (or think I know :blush: ) that others ask about, and there is even more that I have no clue about... but which gets covered just by silently hovering through other peoples' threads.

I come to IndieTalk, because it pretty much covers anything I need to know, or am willing to ask about that other people may know ...

...and to hit on the chicks.
smiley_ninja.gif

Too bad polls can't be set up as "check all that apply" rather than a single selection.

I chose All but haven't yet promoted a film or posted in classifieds.

I think there's gonna be a lot of "All" and "I don't know" votes. I voted "I don't know", which isn't true, I picked it because it says "Indie Talk Rocks" and I consider that to be true (and if I had chosen "All", that would be untrue as well). I really come here for a number of reasons, but I'd say top two are "Hang Out" and "Be Inspired". I have asked questions, I have networked, I have watched films, and I have lurked. Haven't sold anything or advertised any, but you never know what the future holds.

I guess I can some it all up by saying, "I come here because coming here makes me feel like a more knowledgable, better prepared filmmaker."

Poke

All for me, IndieTalk heps me get submissions for my new show, and helps promote my new short. I think us Filmmakers, etc. need something like this. It;s a hard world and Indietalk makes it easier. Thanks IndieTalk you rock.

To Network, find solutions to problems, tech advice, socialize...Basically all of the above...and I do find myself lurking sometimes...

Back