I broke my lens

So I saved for months so I can get Rokinon 14mm . A wide angle lens that I could use on my shoots to replace the crappy 18-55 .

I was ready to shoot . I rented whole bunch of stuff ,lighting was rdy , actors were good to go . Then I dropped my DSLR . I don't know how it happend .

My lens has cracked up glass . When I touch it from outside I don't feel like there is anything , but I guess it is inside or whatever .

Is this fixable or I should throw my lens in the garbage .

Often replacing elements can be as expensive as buying a new lens. Take it to a camera shop and get a quote on the repair costs?

Last edited:
Often replacing elements is as expensive as buying a new lens. Take it to a camera shop and get a quote on the repair costs?

Those morons are telling me that my stupid ass country doesn't have Rokinon factory and they don't know what I should do .

THey told me they can't fix it and even if they could it would be cheaper just to get a new one.

I officially want to shoot myself in the face.

Sorry to read this.

Totally sucks.

I presume you don't pay an 'accidental damage' premium on your home insurance policy in which can you may be able to claim for the lens. I think the damage may need to have occurred in your home - not sure.

Hopefully your DSLR is okay. Would be even worse having a broken DSLR + bust lens.

Yeah totally sucks as I have been spending for months to upgrade my kit lens .

I guess I have to keep telling stories with my trusty 18-55 .

Thanks for the comments , I appreciate it.

Back