I am an Indie Musician looking give my music (royalties free) to a film project that I think suits my music and vice versa.

Hi,

I wasn't sure if I should post this in promotion or networking, and I'm kind of new here so please go gentle on me and just tell me that I'm not in the right spot if I have messed up.

I am a Poland based Independent Musician. A week ago I released my debut album and it has actually done well. I have been making this in my bedroom as a passion project, so to find out that it has commercial viability was a bit of surprise to me as I figured it might be too niche for broad spectrum appreciation.

Anyways, a couple of weeks ago I went to a film festival in my city, and had a great time. It was awesome to get to be around other artists focused on creating new and original content, and I wish that I had talked to more people afterwards. Squandered chances. I listened really closely to the sound design while I was there and noticed that there might be a niche for music. Some people made their own, some people used public domain stuff, one person might have skirted some copyright laws, I don't know, but what I noticed is that film makers are juggling many hats. I thought, maybe it's possible they could use one less hat.

So pretty much my proposition is this:

I have an album of stuff across different but related genres that paint a cohesive whole and tell stories on their own. I am seeking someone or a group of someones who might be making an indie/ amatuer/ student film with compatiable artistic vision who might be interested in using these songs. I am also entirely open to discussion for making new songs uniquely for projects in case someone finds that my aesthetic fits but maybe there isn't a song that fits perfect. Anyways, I'm just here to shoot the breeze and see if there is actually any possible demand for something like this. I'm not asking for any money, I would just like accreditation for the art that I have made and the chance that someone can experience it in a new format and context beyond what I do. I would also be totally down if someone just likes the music and wants to make a music video for a song of their vision and direction.

Beyond that, I'm also happy to discuss amatuer film making. I really like visual arts and have messed around a little bit myself with just tiny short videos (calling them films would be a gross overstatement). In general, it's something I would love to do more of, it's a very closely related idea to my artistic world, but I just reasonably can't afford the equipment on top of what I am already working on.

Anyways, I'm sorry if I'm just another musician out here bugging you guys. I would love to see the artwork anybody who wants to share has.

This is a very generous offer. I hope you can connect with some filmmakers. You should post some samples of your tracks, so someone can decide if your sound fits their visual. Good luck!

Back