How to make fake marijuana??

Hey, I am making a film, and one of the characters is a drug dealer selling bud in small plastic bags to the other characters in the film. I want to make some realistic marijuana buds to go in some small bags for the film. Does anyone know how to make some realistic buds without actually using the real stuff and breaking the law??

Haha naa lol I hate drugs, but I need a drug dealer in the film :P Yeah someone said about getting some herbs and sticking them into round balls with honey may work lol. Dunno though, does anyone else have any other ideas? Like the parsley flakes one btw ;D

Yeah thanks for the replies guys :D I didn't know you could get herbal tobacco lol. Has anyone seen Pineapple Express where the weed looks so realistic, and thats what Im aiming for.

take some moss off of your roof :P nd wash off the soil stuff. u could add some parsley and a little honey to make it look more real, anyway if its only a small bag and its not a close up youll definitely be able to sell that look.

Last edited:
Fake moss doesn't really look like what a dealer would sell, looks more like weed that's been ground.

Honey and herbs may work, how about picking the bud from a tree and glueing bits of small nettle leaves or the leaves of a small herb, then sprinkle it with dried herbs. Use fine sugar for the THC crystals, maybe stick them on with hair gel after the glue has dried. You could even go as far as to use light rolling tobacco for the hairs.

See this pic: http://www.themarijuanaeffect.com/image-files/marijuana_bud8.jpg

That's what the good stuff looks like.

Another alternative is having the dealer sell solid (pot/hash) which comes in brown bricks.

A) How tight are your shots going to be - longer shots won't need it to look absolutely real and the baggie of oregano will probably work just fine.

B) If you shoot with this stuff in public, make sure you contact the police to let them know what you're doing before hand so you don't get busted for real.

Back