• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

How to get one's screenplay noticed

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has any advice at all on getting a screenplay accepted by a literary agent, or at least read by someone with a production company? I'm listed with Inktip but so far, no luck except that my loglines/treatments get read. I don't want to have wasted $120 listing my 2 screenplays with these people, especially when a local company (New DayDream Films) bought a screenplay from someone who listed there. I don't want to be phony and tone down the language/graphic scenes in my screenplays but I'd really like to sell them, especially now that I've started others. How does one get one's foot in the door
as far as indie films? Thanks in advance!

Ok, just to clarify, I think some people are those who have lived certain professions. I was a bit hasty saying what I said before.

Also, caseyhein, that's why I said "(and i'm just sharing my honest opinion here) opinion.

These days, (and i'm just sharing my honest opinion here) it isn't even worth it to write screenplays for a living, or even try to break into it for the passion of hoping to get noticed.
It's an interesting opinion. One I don't share.

To me it IS worth it. Just my opinion, too. But the
fact is many people these days write screenplays for a
living. So it seems worth it to at least try. The degree of
difficulty doesn't mean, to me, it's not worth it.

Back