• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

How to Get a Theatrical Release for Your Indie Film

I know it’s most indie filmmaker’s dream to have their film screen theatrically around the world. I know I always love seeing my work on the big screen. Theres a magically thing about the silver screen but alas that dream was out of reach for most indie filmmakers until now.

If you haven’t heard of the remarkable “game changing” company TUGG, you are in for a treat. TUGG is cinema on-demand for indie films. The web based platform allows you to self distribute you feature film around the country with no money upfront.

That’s right no upfront costs. You only pay when you have a screening booked.

TUGG has created an remarkable way for moviegoers to experience the films they love in a theatrical setting. Through this platform, indie filmmakers are empowered to submit a film, create a screening time and find nearby movie theater, then spread the word to their local and online community.

Once a necessary amount of people commit to attending, the event will be confirmed, and TUGG will reserve the theater, manage ticketing and ensure delivery of the film; allowing the audience to sit back and enjoy the show while the indie filmmaker counts the cash.

Check out the rest of the article and podcast here: https://www.indiefilmhustle.com/tugg-theatrical-self-distribution/

TUGG.jpg

Through this platform, indie filmmakers are empowered to submit a film, create a screening time and find nearby movie theater, then spread the word to their local and online community.

So effectively four-walling then, not a "theatrical release" and certainly not a release "theatrically around the world"! TUGG may or may not be a good and useful thing for some filmmakers but please, call it what it is rather than misrepresenting it.

G

Once a necessary amount of people commit to attending, the event will be confirmed, and TUGG will reserve the theater, manage ticketing and ensure delivery of the film; allowing the audience to sit back and enjoy the show while the indie filmmaker counts the cash.

"Once a necessary amount of people commit to attending"

So using this platform the filmmaker must insure that "a necessary amount of
people" will attend before the screening is confirmed and the theater reserved.
If the necessary amount of people do not commit to attend then TUGG will
not reserve the theater.

This isn't "game changing". Any filmmaker anywhere in the country can rent
a theater for a night and screen their movie. As APE pointed out this is called
"four walling" and it is not a theatrical release.

Have you ever done this?

Last edited:
Back