How to dump stuff on a computor?

Can anyone recommend something that would enable me to dump some of the useless stuff I have stored on this computor?
For example, I have a lot of Flip video footage I no longer need...I am not going to go through each frame and delete it as that would take forever.
I also have a few things that I never use.

Thanks.

You could just restore it to factory settings, then it will have everything that you had on it right when you bought it, and it should be just as fast. But I recommend getting an external HD to save all your music and any word documents you must have, also all your photos or they will be deleted.

format yr hard drive? but not c drive - dont format that

You want him to format his HD but the C:/ ? You know most PCs the C:/ is the HD right? If you were making a funny it so went over my head.

As for the OP: There is no "real" easy way to do it. Just what works best for you. If it's an editing PC I say format it as long as you what you need saved, saved.

My guess is that you are not very orderly or you would just be able to get rid of the vids you wanted without any probs. So are the files all over the place?

As Buck said, th C:/ would usually be the primary HD.

OP: if u dont want to sort stuff out right now, just get an external HD. Copy everything on it and format your PC, making sure u have the original windows disc to reintall ur OS from.
Then you can sort the external HD out whenever u want and have the time.

In Premiere (and likely other NLE's), you can create a "trimmed" project.

Doing this will delete all video footage that has not been used in a timeline so far. (You usually leave about 60 frames of "handles", in case you need to do tiny slips or slides later)

To save yourself importing useless footage in the future, read up on how to do "batch imports", where you preview all your footage in advance, mark the scenes you want to use, and only import those from your camera. This will save on harddrive space, as well as simplify your life longterm.

Have fun. :)

Really I think the biggest thing I want to dump is the Flip video footage I have because I don't need it or use it.
It is WAY too much work to go through each shot and delete it. I was hoping something was out there that would just delete that and maybe a couple of other things I don't need.
I don't want to dump everything. I just need to take out the trash to make room for more trash.

Back