How to become a script agent?

I think I asked this question before but can not find the thread with the search feature (maybe I asked some place else) and if I did sorry for the double questioning.

A friends mom wants to become a script agent/manger and I told her I would try and find some informative links for her so I was hoping some of you can point me in the right direction.

I think I asked this question before but can not find the thread with the search feature (maybe I asked some place else) and if I did sorry for the double questioning.

A friends mom wants to become a script agent/manger and I told her I would try and find some informative links for her so I was hoping some of you can point me in the right direction.
Managers are not regulated. Say, "I'm a manger" and you
are a manager.

Agents start by working in agencies. They start at the bottom
and work their way up. Most start in the mailroom. The mailrooms
of agencies are filled with people with college degrees. It's no
different, really, than getting any other skilled job.

I worked for an entertainment management company in the 90's
Most people started as some type of assistant for super low pay. Then like maybe $400 a week I think (In Los Angeles, rent is usually $1000 so you have maybe $600 left for food gas insurance bills) Hours were 12-14 a day. But that depends on who you worked for. I went for an interview with one agent that wanted me to call him at 7:00 am in the morning to wake him up and be his human alarm clock. I heard a lot of nightmare stories of abuse.

It's a really tough profession to break into. But some do.

Best of Luck,
FK
Managers are not regulated. Say, "I'm a manger" and you
are a manager.

Agents start by working in agencies. They start at the bottom
and work their way up. Most start in the mailroom. The mailrooms
of agencies are filled with people with college degrees. It's no
different, really, than getting any other skilled job.

Back