How do you 'uninstall' something?

I purchased dvd archetech..Sony...anyway my trial ran out ages ago...and so I had to buy one to be able to make a dvd. It states that I already have it installed (it expired a while back) so I have to uninstall it.

I'm just a novice, but...

You can go to Control Panel>Add or Remove Program, which will list currently installed programs, then scroll down to Architect > "To remove this program from your computer, press Remove", then press Remove.

I usually then run a registry cleaner to eliminate any artifacts left after uninstalling software.

I'm sure our techies will chime on.:)

Last edited:
I'm just a novice, but...

You can go to Control Panel>Add or Remove Program, which will list currently installed programs, then scroll down to Architect > "To remove this program from your computer, press Remove", then press Remove.

I usually then run a registry cleaner to eliminate any artifacts left after uninstalling software.

I'm sure our techies will chime on.:)

techie says: Yes :D

what r u running?

im running Win7. Here i just have to go to control panel, programs, uninstall program.

whichever windows ur running, just have a look around control panel. you'll find programs and uninstall programs there somewhere.

Great. Thanks. Thats something I did not know.

So I got it uninstalled okay...and inserted the dvd arch disc...went through the installment (though it didn't ask for the serial number which I thought was odd)...and when I went to make some trial dvd...it still says I have to purchase the dvd acrch...

I will have to call Sony tonight when I get home...

but in the meantime if anyone knows why this might be happenings? What am I doing wrong in installing this?

i havent used this program but u might want to try looking around for an activation or validation option.

check out stuff in the program like tools, option, help etc and see if u can find a place where u can enter the code and activate it online.

actually, y dont u go to their official website and see if they tell u how to do it. check out their help, FAQ's etc.

EDIT: and just randomly say the word 'film' now and then in ur posts. this is starting to feel like something else other than indietalk. :lol:

I tried calling Sony - on vacation or something till next week. Never fails. Its like calling a banker about your money and finding out he just went to lunch two seconds ago!

When I insert the disc...it gives me options so I chose the dvd arch. option. It then asks if I want to install and yes I do. Then it gives me the lowdown of their rules and regulations regarding their software and I hit 'accept.' Then I hit 'next' and then 'finish'. Its odd that at no point does it ask for the serial number...
When I search for downloads I see it 'dvd arch' and I hit it - but nothing happens...because it didn't download correctly.

When I am in Vegas and hit 'make a dvd' it tells me I have to purchase the dvd arch...(which I did)...

So somewhere on here it isn't letting me put the serial number in their.
Its like I put the disc in, it asks me questions and thats it.

Could it be a windows thing?

Oh yeah, I did the faq's and it suggested that when I try to create a dvd...hit purchase by phone...then it leads me into the next box which asks for the serial number (the sales person would give me over the phone - but I ordered this online ) so I enter the serial number inside the package and it tells me its an invalid 'key'.

im 99% sure this is not a windows thing.

as i said b4, did u try looking around inside the program in options, tools, help etc to see if theres a validation area there where u can enter ur serial no and it does it online?

if thats not working either, then i cant think of anything else off the top of my head. but if anything comes to me, ill post here.

meanwhile keep trying sony. try different departments and complain abt not being able to use something u paid for and for them to help u immediately over the phone.

Yeah. I went to the webpage and registered myself which led me to begin to register the product. I got the serial number okay but then it wanted a computor id...it told me to get the computor id I have to start the program and it will lead me to it...so I cannot load the program because when I open the file for it is asks me 'open' and 'save' and I have pressed both at different times and nothing. So I cannot open the file the find out the comptor id and I cannot register online without the id. I cannot speak with anyone at Sony because they are not around until next week.
Not a happy camper right now.

Thanks.

Back