Hola everyone

Hey everyone, been a while for me to jump back to this forum, due to some things...

Just a quick update, I've been busy editing a boxing show and mix martial art show for a regional channel called SportsTime Ohio not to mention, trying to finish the feature film of mine The Rapture (yeah for those who had heard of it a while back).

We finished shooting it in July 2006 but due to some, ok a lot, of vfx needed in the film (about 500+... seriously don't try this unless you know what you got yourself into), plus the departure of us with our original vfx guy, we are ALMOST done with the movie.

THe trailer and such went to several film market and it was well received, several big distribution firms wanted to see a screener so we are trying hard to get it done before EuroAsia Film Market and the up and coming AFM. Our sales rep is Phil Gorn of WonderPhil Productions.

For those who has yet to follow the movie's info, The Rapture is an ultra low budget sci-fi Anime styled feature film that was shot in Ohio, it is basically human vs engineer humans vs others people with a 'story'...

The style is very much utilizing the Asian cinema and it has a lot of scenes inspired by movies like Casshern, Arahan, Legend of Zhu, Hero, Twins Effect, etc.

So, if you got a time, check out the website at http://www.rapturethemovie.com

Or several preview clips here:
http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid370322685
NOTE: You'll notice the quality of the vfxon each clip (from bottom the earlier ones to top the recent ones), This is flash video requires high speed, if you can't view it, I'll be happy to send you one of the file (3meg)

The entire movie taught me a lot about masking, rotoscoping, and cutting people OUT of the background... I've learned a lot about AE. :)

This film is edited entirely with Adobe Products on a PC, color processed and corrected using Colorista and
Magic Bullet donated by Red Giant Software

Hope you enjoy!

Johnny Wu

Thanks, just pray that I can get the darn rotoscoping done on time, it's teadious! On top of that, since we also had some tennis ball to be used as references (big mistake) that has to be cut out too, double work.

Back