Hiden Compressor vrs Quit Compressor

Of course if I use other applications while compressor is compressing my files it's going to take longer.

If I have compressor open and hidden does it work faster then not having compressor open?

Yes, if the application compressor is closed and contains batches it continues to compress them.

Not trying to be snide or anything at all, but just to clarify that we're on the same page: minimized, the window being closed and the program not running are all different.

Not sure what OS version your'e using, but when you close a window the program continues to run. You can see this by a white dot underneath the program in the dock in all the recent versions. So in that sense, closing the window and minimizing it shouldn't affect the speed at all.

As far as it continuing to render when the program is for real closed and not just the window, I don't remember that, but I haven't used compressor in a while.

If I have batches that still need to be compressed. If I hit command Q (Quit compressor)and close the application, it still continues to compress after it's closed.

I personally didn't think it would, but it does. It also says something about "It won't affect the workload if you quit compressor" if you do Quit Compressor.

As long as my computer is actually turned on, it will continue to compress. I'm just wondering if it's quicker open, closed or doesn't matter.

Huh, that's crazy haha.

You could get a system resource widget or something and see what kind of resources are being used when open and closed? If it doesn't change then the speed probably doesn't change.

Back