Hi my name is Lukas!

I'm currently a High School Senior. I'm interested in doing filmmaking someday as a full time career. At the moment I'm In a class about Futurology. We were given the choice to do a research project on anything we wanted. I chose to do a deep dive on "What makes a good movie" I was hoping I could submit my Survey on your website in order to get professional insight and opinions. Also showing my findings once I'm finished with the presentation.

I'm currently a High School Senior. I'm interested in doing filmmaking someday as a full time career. At the moment I'm In a class about Futurology. We were given the choice to do a research project on anything we wanted. I chose to do a deep dive on "What makes a good movie" I was hoping I could submit my Survey on your website in order to get professional insight and opinions. Also showing my findings once I'm finished with the presentation.

Perhaps you have to narrow it down a bit. "What makes a good movie" On a commercial lvl? On a artistic or a technical lvl? What makes a bad movie a good movie? Also welcome here Lukas

Last edited:
A great movie is easy to define - it's a great story that is acted well and captured with technological artistry (cinematography/lighting, set design/dressing, sound-for-picture,, wardrobe, H/MU, special effects [practical & digital], etc.). However, the great debates are "what constitutes a great story", "what defines great acting" and "what defines technological artistry?".

The other definition is defined by dollar signs (or yen, pesos and the like). It's a product that sold well to the consumer.

I'm sure that my compatriots here at IndieTalk will come up with numerous other (contradictory) definitions.

Back