Hi! Excited to have found this forum

Hello, all!
My name is Mike Flannery and I've been an audio industry professional for over 20 years. I started my career as a one-hit-wonder singed to LAVA/Atlantic Records, toured extensively opening for bands like Outkast, LL Cool J, Ben Kweller and My Morning Jacket, and a few years in was dropped from the label looking for what was next. So, I started my own audio production company, and it's been a long road from converting entire record companies' catalogs into ringtones, and flying around the country to record dialog from contracted athletes for various cell providers to producing music for commercials and sonic branding, to doing children's audio content for apps and various media types, to finally, finally, landing on the job I love the most- doing audio post for film. I built a great sounding Foley room for tracking sound effects, I've got a wall of awesome sound toys and modular synths for doing sound design elements, I've perfected my dialog editing skills, and my mixes hold up in theaters and streaming online. Now I'm just trying, after 20 years of working in the corporate music world, to gain the trust of filmmakers so that I can make a living doing what I love- sound for film!
I look forward to learning from everyone on this forum and I hope that my years of experience can be helpful to you all as well!

Cheers, and thanks for letting me be a part of your community!

Sincerely,
Mike Flannery

Last edited:
Back