• Popcorn Points determine how popular a video is. You can click the popcorn bucket or simply react (Like, Love, etc.) and it will register a vote.

Hey everyone, I was recently looking for advice on my next film Artifacts of Time. Here is a prerelease version. Thank you!

This was highly intriguing, in the sense it kept me hooked all along and kept telling me to talk less and see more which is indeed what has happened and I'm quite wrong thinking so why this got no response, encouragement, or whatever... which begs the question why time is only relevant to a particular period in civilization and changes its nature from time to time...

I'm no critic, but my humble suggestion would be to consider a calendar as an artifact of time

as one unknown person said, "It is the consciousness of civilization."

The current Gregorian Calendar is based on the movement of the earth around the sun, and that is how we perceive time in terms of day and night,
but the earth and Sun are all physical bodies, and so we perceive time physically, but that is not what "Time" is all about.

The Mayan Calendar operates on completely different concepts, I'm not going to go into the details but except it was different in terms of perceiving Time, not by physical means or through the five senses.

Interestingly, a lot of Mayans and witches were killed when they tried to make it official.

You did a lot with very limited resources. Off to a good start. I would say that one of the bigger issues you had here was managing exposure in different lighting conditions. For your next film, even if you don't have any money for lights, try dragging a few extra lamps *with lampshades into the rooms and provide the camera with some more diffuse light. That way you won't have to try to compensate so much with high exposure settings. For the outdoor shots, you may want to try lower exposure settings, as you should always be trying to balance it so that no areas of the screen are blown out (100% white screen areas)

Good luck on your final version!

Back