Hey all!

Just wanted to stop in and introduce myself. I'm Chris and I'm a colorist and I have been one professionally for the past 8 years in NYC. I went to film school and I still make some projects on the side every now and then. Hope everyone is doing well! Looking forward to poking around and reading the forums!

Chris

Hi, Chris! Welcome to the madness that is IndieTalk! Once you get settled in, I would love it if you would take a look at my YouTube videos. I use three different cameras with very different sensors and, despite color balancing in camera, the footage looks very different. That is even after I apply my ham fisted attempts at color corrections.

Hi, Chris! Welcome to the madness that is IndieTalk! Once you get settled in, I would love it if you would take a look at my YouTube videos. I use three different cameras with very different sensors and, despite color balancing in camera, the footage looks very different. That is even after I apply my ham fisted attempts at color corrections.

Hi Lucky, thanks for the welcome. I'm a guitar player so it's very cool that your videos are about building guitars. I am absolutely unskilled when it comes to working on my own instruments.

Was there any specific video you want me to take a look at for you? The few I saw, the ones where you are talking in front of a table in a wide shot looks like it could use more fill light in general. If you can find a way to get more light in there that might help the look!

Let me know if there is a specific video you want me to put eyes on. Color correction is a pretty tricky thing and it's one of those things where you just have to do it a lot in order to get good at it. My tip to you for matching cameras would be to keep an eye on your scopes and jump back and forth between two clips. See how the scopes are different from one another, then try to match them up!

Back