• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Help

In response to a post I co-wrote a script , but after I e-mailed the script
she rejected . I am vexed .
Earlier I asked whether it is ok with my style of wrting . Now after six months she rejects .
I am at a loss . Any suggestions

Selling something and buying something are polar opposites.

You may have to peddle your wares to tens if not hundreds or even thousands of employers or customers before successfully matching what you have to offer with what they need - or think they need.

And if you only have a single product to offer... well...

Surely you have ten other ideas to resume fleshing out into completed screenplays, right?
Start working on them and don't put all of your emotional eggs in a single basket, (anymore). ;)
There's a reason fish lay ten thousand eggs at a time. :yes:

If you can't handle rejection then this business is not for you. As a musician I had dozens, and I put out far more proposals for audio post work than I contract for. An actor will get one part for every fifty auditions. I have a friend who's a writer; he has a pile of rejection slips literally three inches thick.

The entertainment industry is all about rejection. There are tens of thousands who want to participate, hundreds actually do, and only a few dozen become enormously successful. I'm happy with just being able to make a living, and it took a long hard road to get here.

So either put up or get out. Harsh words, I know, but it's a harsh business.

Back