• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Help with video conversion

I received non-sequential MPG segments from a split video file. I have 23 of the 90+ pieces.

I cannot assemble the video without all the MPG segments. I will not be getting the remaining MPG segments.

In Windows Media Player, each MPG segment is viewable but audio is a squeal. (I do not need the sound, btw)

Importing into Premiere CS4, the audio plays fine but the video becomes a green screen.

I have tried running the segments through HandBrake to convert to a stable file. Of the 23, Handbrake only recognizes 11 files. (Adobe Media Encoder recognized none)

Anything else I can try?

I have a tool at home, I cant recall the exact name, Ill look it up when I get there..
its a muxer but it will also join files... so maybe you can join them I think its megui mux but the pictures of the tool on the web dont look exactly right..

Codec: MPEG-1/2 Video (mpgv)
Resolution: 1440x1080
Frame rate: 59.940059
Decoded format: Planar 4:2:0 YUV

Forgot about MPEGstreamclip, good call too.

Managed to make some headway with VLC's conversion options. As soon as Premiere is finished loading again, I'll be testing these new clips out. Hope it's gtg. Back in 10 mins.

Long 10 minutes Steve! :P

I have this problem every now and then with Premiere when there is any type of issue with a video. So if say it dropped a frame in capturing from a tape that frame or surrounding will go green. I'm pretty sure I haven't had the issue with CS6 yet, but I know in CS4 it happened a bit to me and my friend with CS5.5 i happened with some GoPro footage the other day

Heh, yah. Tearin' my hair out here. :lol:

Got all but one piece of video salvaged, and then had more pieces flow in. If they were sending me all the pieces, the software knows how to fit them altogether again. This is my Humpty Dumpty project. Can never get a straight answer out of these peeps, either.

So yeah, most was Original --> VLC (to salvage) --> Adobe Media Encoder (to conform to project settings)

Note to self: Never accept fixed-rate gigs again. :abduct:

Back