• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

help with premiere and after effects

Ok i am working in adobe premiere and after effects. I think i export the wrong way because i feel that it doesnt export in full HD. Also some times when i watch it, it doesnt take up the full screen(as you can see hear in my short > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtcbwDUZ1YQ <) My last question is how come when i export a minute and a half short such as the one above it was 2.5GB of memory. I guess what im asking is how do you guys export your clips? what settings do you use for best quality with low memory? Thanks for any one who can help!

Last edited:
It sounds like you are confusing memory with drive space.

Premiere and After effects will export at "full HD" as long as they are set to do so. Check and see what codec and output size you are rendering to. If the file is to large turn the quality and/or output size down.

hv30 I believe wraps 24p in a 60i wrapper, but thats not really the issue here..

Start with creating a NEW sequence in premiere. Screen should be something like 1920x1080

use the media encoder, double check the output size is 1920x1080.

An HV30 is 1440X1080 with a 1.33 pixel aspect ratio. If it's CS5+, go to export*, choose H264 and scroll down to the YouTube preset.

*Export>Media (I just went in and looked) then what's above. Write to a different disk than where your captured files are.

Last edited:
best way to do it for youtube videos: set it to h.264 and then change the next drop down box to hdtv-(whatever settings you filmed in). Then go down to video quality and bump up the bit rate to about 40. That'll give you the best quality which takes up the least amount of space.

An HV30 is 1440X1080 with a 1.33 pixel aspect ratio. If it's CS5+, go to export*, choose H264 and scroll down to the YouTube preset.

*Export>Media (I just went in and looked) then what's above. Write to a different disk than where your rendered files are.

Alright thanks! also what file type do u use (flv,mpeg2,quicktime ect.) ?

Alright so i did it... uploaded to youtube... now its all the right size(thank you!) but for some reason its not HD. Is their somthing special you have to do when uploading to youtube to tell them you need it to be HD?

Back