help need some advice

Hello, I'm new to the filmmaking business I've been doing my research on the canon hv30. But I need some help on finding a movie editing program that compatible for the canon hv30, and also what laptops accept the firewire cables?

Hello, I'm new to the filmmaking business I've been doing my research on the canon hv30. But I need some help on finding a movie editing program that compatible for the canon hv30,

Try:
iMovie
Final Cut
Premiere
Cyberlink PowerDirector
Corel VideoStudio
Magix Movie Edit Pro
Pinnacle Studio
Sony Vegas
Roxio Creator

and also what laptops accept the firewire cables?
All of them.

Windows Moviemaker on a PC and iMovie on the mac are free applications that are already installed and easy to learn from. 95% of everything you need to edit is already there for you.

If your laptop doesn't have firewire (like all new Mac's only have Firewire 800 which isn't compatible with the camera's firewire 400 exactly), you might need an adapter or a special firewire card.

Try:

All of them.

Not all laptops have a firewire input. Some laptops that lack it have a slot for a firewire card. Otherwise, there are quite a few laptops that don't use firewire (mine included). When you're buying a laptop just make sure to look at the specs and confirm that a firewire input is present. All laptops have USB, but firewire is a little harder to come by.

For a newbie, I like the least expensive version of Sony Vegas. A lot of the inexpensive editing programs are dumbed down, for non-filmmakers (more for home-video kind of stuff). So, they're easier to learn, but you're really restricted in what you can do with it. Sony Vegas, however, has an inexpensive version that functions basically the same as even the most expensive professional software out there. It doesn't have as many features, obviously, but the basic editing workflow is the same. It'll take longer to learn in the beginning, but it'll pay off in the long run. Plus, it has a free fully-functional 30-day trial. Can't beat that.

When I got the Final Cut edit system, one of the main reasons that I chose it was how easy it was to learn. I went to Barnes and Noble and bought Final Cut Pro for Dummies and I was on my way. However, Final Cut Pro is expensive. You might consider Final Cut Express, which is considerably cheaper. Plus it puts you on the way to knowing an important edit system.

-- spinner :cool:

Back