help me choose a camcorder plz !! :)

hi, ive done a little research on camcorders and have come down to the sony dcr-hc90 and the panasonic PV-GS250. maybe i am way off on what i need. Orginally i was hoping to spend more in the -500 range, but it seems if i want more quality i should bump it up to this level. i have never owned a camcorder before. I plan on making short movies/comedies and who knows what .. i would really like enough quality in the moviemode/16:9 mode so that if i produce a good movie, it will look attractive enough for others to watch and enjoy w/o looking too homemade like.(i know editing goes far in this area) o yea if you can think of any better cameras in, around or definetly below this pricerange, please let me know :)..
ty
shawn

'sup, good xelex :cool:

There have been a few recent threads on the board, regarding $500-ish camcorders.

It's a bit too late to start finding the links myself, but they are not too hard to find.

The big division starts at about $1k, or so.

There are a few 3-chip (low-end, but workable) cameras below $600, mind you.

Remember that if you have a good story with good editing, people won't notice that it was shot on a cheaper camera. I understand what your trying to do but your talent is the most important thing here, not how much you can spend on a camera. Look on Ebay and you can get one of Panasonics lesser expensive 3chip cameras for your range. Don't be afraid to buy used either, just look at peoples feedback and make sure they are reputable sellers.

Back