Hello Hello

Hello Hello
Thought I'd throw my hat into the ring and see what happens here. I consider myself more of a motion picture maker than a film maker simply because I do not work with film. These days the term film maker is a little more loosely used since even Hollywood productions are turning to 100% digital movie making. It seems after reviewing this site that many of you are most concerned with the technical aspects of movie making. Lighting, sound, cameras, etc. My advice on those topics is you're only as good as the tools you're using. Most amateurs are not able to rig a set with what is needed and turn to what is most needed when producing a motion picture. Creativity. You work with what you have and make the best of it. You do like George Lucas did and re-invent the industry to suit your needs. Not what others expect because that's the way it's been done by everyone before you. In my opinion those who get so worried about effects lose vision in what they're really trying to achieve. The audience isn't watching your movie because they want to see how good your lighting is. They want to be told a story. And that is the most important part of the art. Telling a story. Taking your audience on a journey. Even if that journey doesn't sound as good as some sound engineer would like it to. Some would say Jimi Hendrix is the best guitar player ever and he never took a guitar lesson in his life. But it was that very same lack of being told "this is how you do it" that allowed him to create a whole new genre of guitar playing style. Movie making isn't a science. It's an art. That being said I'll be posting some of my work in the Screening Room soon. Have fun.

Back