Hello from Upstate, New York

Hi everyone. My name is Matt. I've always been into expressing myself creatively....whether that be through photography, writing or as a Civil War Reenactor. I am currently working on a Civil War based screenplay (I have never written a screenplay, so I'm kind of winging it right now) that I would love to see made into a feature film. I know that historical based projects are next to impossible to be picked up by a studio; but, I'm it's a story that I think has to be told and it is what is driving my creative juices currently. I cannot get the story out of my head, so I'm working it out on paper.

Heck, I don't even own a camera to start filming anything and playing around with techniques, etc. So, for the time being, here I am watching everyone's progress and hoping that someday I can see this project on the big screen (Even if it is a local big screen).

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Matt

welcome.gif

Cool, hope you can develop a story out of that :)

I fought a few times with the Richmond Howitzer Battalion out here - considered joining, but couldn't make the weekend commitments. Had a blast though - literally - firing off those Parrott guns. :cool:

I know that historical based projects are next to impossible to be picked up by a studio

I could list hundreds of historically-based films; thousands, if including "inspired by". Maybe the odds of a no-name first-time scriptwriter getting that foot in the door are crazily low, but there's nothing wrong with wanting to make historical films in general.

Have some good free scriptwriting software? CeltX is a good freebie. www.CeltX.com :)

Welcome! and whereabouts Upstate? I grew up in Oswego (CNY) but spent a lot of time in Watertown. Lots of snow up there!

Josh: Originally Syracuse, New York. Been in Phoenix, Arizona since 2006. However, I am being transferred back to New York (Buffalo area).

Back