Hello Everyone

Michael
Hey guys and gals,

I am super excited to be a part of this community. Hopefully I can learn a lot from you. I am a wildlife photographer with some videography background. I am also a martial artist and want to incorporate this into my films. I love anything that has to do with folklore from the dark ages and obviously martial arts films.

We are working on my first film about an immortal ninja who fights werewolves. If you would like to know more, just ask.

Best everyone,
Michael.

Greetings from the far side of the Atlantic! :hi:

I love anything that has to do with folklore from the dark ages and obviously martial arts films.

If you haven't already done so, you should treat yourself to a "folklore tour" of Europe at some stage. We didn't see much any martial arts action here back in the Dark Ages - just straightforward beating the daylights out of each other and hacking anyone who looked like there were on the wrong side. But it's really interesting to visit the locations (buildings, dungeons, caves, landscapes) that inspired the stories that we now call folklore.

Reading about your costume design on the other thread, you might also find it enlightening to visit - or take part in - a costumed renactment of a story from that period: in context, you'll understand how and why there's so much more to a costume than the fabric!

Back