Hello Everyone!

Hi there! My name is Dominick. I'm a filmmaker currently living in Dayton, OH, but am moving to New York City in the near future. I am a director and human rights activist. I primarily direct narrative film, but have a few documentary ideas I would like to film, as well.

I have a muscle disease called Spinal Muscular Atrophy, and use a wheelchair. It makes life as a filmmaker extra interesting! I just graduated with my BFA in Motion Pictures Production. I live with my girlfriend of 12 years who is a screenwriter and our teenage son.

Looking to make new film connections!

Damn dude, 12 year girlfriend and a teenage son.
You're really dodging that wedding ring :lol:

Welcome to the forum.
How did you find your experience of getting the BFA?

He's technically my stepson, but I have raised him for the past 12 years, so I claim him! My girlfriend and I cannot legally marry without facing massive penalties because I have a physical disability. Maybe one day! It is a battle the disability community is fighting, as many of us have no choice but to remain in domestic partnerships.

I enjoyed the benefits (learning to be a better storyteller, making connections) and my professors were awesome (Academy award nominated filmmakers, some of them), but I had a rough time with my peers. I prefer the idea film is collaborative, but for many in film school, it seems to be a competition.

He's technically my stepson, but I have raised him for the past 12 years, so I claim him! My girlfriend and I cannot legally marry without facing massive penalties because I have a physical disability. Maybe one day! It is a battle the disability community is fighting, as many of us have no choice but to remain in domestic partnerships./

I hadn't thought about that. Really sucks, sorry to hear.

Back