Hello Everyone! Hollywood Area?

Well basically I'm in the heart of LA.

I'm a struggling student at age 20, recently turned 20 last month, and still confused about my job. Currently staying at home doing nothing but stupid things. I think it's time to step it up and probably try to start a home in this forum and maybe get some inspiration and help start me to my dreams, a hollywood director.

Not that fame is the goal, but telling my stories is what I want most out of my dreams. My dad passed away in 2010 and people often tell me that he is a great story teller, I have this great deal of confidence that I actually hold it within me as well.... But I'm quite lazy and rebel against him much.

But without further ado, HEYLLOW EVERYONE!

Last edited:
Aww! Sage advice from Zen!

...he's right. Get off your butt and do something. You're not a filmmaker unless you're shooting something! :D

-- spinner :cool:

Being confused about your job isn't an excuse not to have one. Everyone who isn't incredibly lucky will have to do a job that they don't enjoy early in their life, if not for all of it. This business requires to you be able to fund a lot of things yourself, how do you plan to do that?

You can't be lazy and be a filmmaker, just as you can't be lazy and be a musician, if that is what you plan to do with your life. In the creative industry, the things you make will not have their own momentum to drive peoples' interest, you have to create that momentum yourself, and keep pushing until your creation starts to move by itself.

Back