Hello, all.

Browsed this place for a few days and thought I'd sign up.

I'm not really that experienced in filmaking. I've co-directed and edited 2 films, both cheesy highschool drama class flicks (both won best in class though :P ). I'm currently a Comp Sci major at Missouri State, and film is something I do on the side, both for fun and...well, everyone likes the idea of a little 'fame and fortune' ;) .

This place seems to have alot of quality posters and a good community. I'm glad I could join you. :D

Brandon.

Welcome to the boards Brandon! Great to have another person from Missouri on here as well! :D
Hope you enjoy your stay here with us. ;)

How ya doin'?

Welcome to the boards, ye scurvey dong... that was supposed to read "dog" but I like the typo...

John@Bophe said:
Welcome! Nothing wrong with hobbyists!
Actually, I'm slowly moving away from being a just a hobbyist.
I'm changing my major from computer science to mass media and production. :cool:
I went into computer science for the potential job market and I know quite a bit about computers, but I really enjoy cinematography and editing.

Well for me, my day job (and lately my night job too(SO SO busy)) is in Technology Risk Management and IT Auditing. You know, Sarbanes-Oxley stuff and hacking banks... yea, yea, what fun... I need to pay the bills AND my filmmaking hobby/education/productions/businesses/.../.../../.

I can tell you that I am able to keep it pretty balanced. I KNOW that I'll have a paycheck wether or not my movie makes any money or not.

However, I have been thinking of doing contract work for 6 months and taking the other 6 months to do filmmaking, then decide where to go.

Back