• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Heartsick

I had a shoot today that went really well. The actor's performances were outstanding. Then I returned home and the day went to hell.

The shots look great, but my audio has come up missing from my DR-100. It filed takes sequentially like this:

DR-100_011/type - WAV audio/size 0 KB
DR-100_012/type - WAV audio/size 0 KB
DR-100_013/type - WAV audio/size 0 KB, etc.

The total number equaling the number of shots on the shot list. Oddly enough, my test WAV files from this morning on the same unit/card are fine.

The actors are going to want to kill me, but I had no error codes and everything performed as normal - until I returned home. This same card has performed well with about two hours of audio total from different projects - until now. Batteries were strong.

I think I'm going to be sick. I don't even have an error code to explain to them, just empty WAV files. How to proceed with notifying those with a stake? What do you tell them?

I think I'm going to be sick, again. :(

I had a shoot today that went really well. The actor's performances were outstanding. Then I returned home and the day went to hell.

The shots look great, but my audio has come up missing from my DR-100. It filed takes sequentially like this:

DR-100_011/type - WAV audio/size 0 KB
DR-100_012/type - WAV audio/size 0 KB
DR-100_013/type - WAV audio/size 0 KB, etc.

The total number equaling the number of shots on the shot list. Oddly enough, my test WAV files from this morning on the same unit/card are fine.

The actors are going to want to kill me, but I had no error codes and everything performed as normal - until I returned home. This same card has performed well with about two hours of audio total from different projects - until now. Batteries were strong.

I think I'm going to be sick. I don't even have an error code to explain to them, just empty WAV files. How to proceed with notifying those with a stake? What do you tell them?

I think I'm going to be sick, again. :(

Ouch!

Murphy's Law is a nightmare!

I've had my share of mishaps in my previous production with everything from a brand new electric generator only working for 8 minutes and never working again to all sorts of audio nightmares.

As CF said trying to quote Batman, "We fall so we can pick ourselves up again."

Sorry to hear the bad news.

My heart goes out to you man.

Okay! Both actors will re-shoot the scene, but I have to reimburse one of the $40 for gas. He paid the first time, so it's only fair. The other is local. We went out for pizza the last time and we'll do something similar, no doubt.

The more I studied ADR, the more concerned I was, so this is a good outcome.

No one is leaving until the audio is checked out! :lol:

Glad you're able to get it fixed. :)

Btw, this must be contagious. My dad records his presentations each week, and his Olympus voice-recorder suffered the exact same problem just a few days ago. :lol:

Back