• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch HD music video

Hi guys,

Please check out the music video we produced last year.
Shot in HDV mostly at 60fps for a slow motion effect.
The beautiful beach is Brighton, UK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHYgVhNKM1Q

Comments (both positive/negative welcome so long as they are constructive) appreciated!

Best regards
Itsuka
Parkes Productions Ltd

I thought it had some creative elements to it. The Bar scene was nicely lit.

The song was very sloooooooow and the images went well with it, but so well indeed, the slowness of it was making me tired.

I think your on the right track, maybe try and do a bit more of an upbeat song next time.

I thought it had some creative elements to it. The Bar scene was nicely lit.

The song was very sloooooooow and the images went well with it, but so well indeed, the slowness of it was making me tired.

I think your on the right track, maybe try and do a bit more of an upbeat song next time.

Thanks a lot for your comment CDCosta!

Filming the video was a lot of fun though! The end result maybe slow, but the vocalist had to sing the lyrics twice as fast! It would have been a bit mean to ask the guitarist to play the solo twice as fast so we filmed his part at normal speed...

Regards
Itsuka

I'll agree with CDCosta's comments. The images overall were nicely done. The bar scenes were the best of the bunch in terms of lighting/contrast. The color really "popped" in those segments, which unfortunately made the B/W scenes looked a little flat in comparison. I also agree the song is slow, but that is not your fault. As musical artists, these guys might benefit from stronger storytelling in their videos. In other words -- less shots of them singing/playing, and more of an actually narrative story (though without dialogue of course) to keep the viewer engaged. I realize there was some story going on in this video, but it was not enough to keep me from clicking fast-forward a few times. If you work with them again, this might be something to suggest.

I'll agree with CDCosta's comments. The images overall were nicely done. The bar scenes were the best of the bunch in terms of lighting/contrast. The color really "popped" in those segments, which unfortunately made the B/W scenes looked a little flat in comparison. I also agree the song is slow, but that is not your fault. As musical artists, these guys might benefit from stronger storytelling in their videos. In other words -- less shots of them singing/playing, and more of an actually narrative story (though without dialogue of course) to keep the viewer engaged. I realize there was some story going on in this video, but it was not enough to keep me from clicking fast-forward a few times. If you work with them again, this might be something to suggest.

Many thanks for your comment John!

Putting more emphasis on narrative than the band is a very interesting point. If people don't know the band they would rather watch a story than the band itself and it will eventually help promoting the song. We'll keep that in mind in our future music vids. Cheers!

Itsuka

Heh, I thought the song was pretty neat. Kinda like Spandau Ballet meets George Michael. :cool:

Great job on the video, too. :)

Couple of things:

There's several cross-dissolves where the singer's profile dissolves to himself, and it doesn't match. Facing the same way, roughly in the same position; but not quite. (It looks like those one-camera interviews where irrelevant dialogue has been edited out to keep the conversation flowing.) It's an unnatural shift. Or maybe it's just me.

The wardrobe changes were very difficult to follow from scene to scene, and didn't seem to have a rhythm to them.

Those are just my own finnicky-type things, mind you.

Overall, it's a great video. I really enjoyed it.

Heh, I thought the song was pretty neat. Kinda like Spandau Ballet meets George Michael. :cool:

Great job on the video, too. :)

Couple of things:

There's several cross-dissolves where the singer's profile dissolves to himself, and it doesn't match. Facing the same way, roughly in the same position; but not quite. (It looks like those one-camera interviews where irrelevant dialogue has been edited out to keep the conversation flowing.) It's an unnatural shift. Or maybe it's just me.

The wardrobe changes were very difficult to follow from scene to scene, and didn't seem to have a rhythm to them.

Those are just my own finnicky-type things, mind you.

Overall, it's a great video. I really enjoyed it.

Thanks a lot Zensteve!

No, we appreciate finnicky-type comments.
The point on the wardrobe is very interesting - we had a very small production team and we tried to cover everything but one thing we failed to organize was to arrange wardrobe in the context of the song. Definitely something to keep in mind in the next project.

Cheers
Itsuka

Back