• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

HD camera?

Hi,
I need to know is there a HD camera I can buy for say $2k, the features I am looking for are manual focus, HD, IEEE1394 port and as accessories I am looking to buy a 105mm lens.
Gururaj

There's a couple of HD cameras you could look at that fit in your budget, the canon XH-A1 as far as having an adaptor for it there's a variety of 35mm converters that will allow you to have any lens with the camera, good luck!

Forget the traditional video camera. They're soon to be obsolete. I firmly believe DSLR is on the cusp of completely taking over the indie filmmaking community. In your budget, you can afford the Canon 5D. Personally, I think you'd be best off getting the very affordable T2i, and using the rest of your budget to get a couple nice lenses, and some inexpensive audio gear.

yah t2i or 5d. the main difference is the 5d has a larger censor chip. but on your budget with the t2i you will have enough left over to get some lenses and a rail system and some nice accessories.

Back