Happy Turkey Day Y'all...

YLF_053.preview.jpg

You know, it occurs to me, there are an awful lot of Christmas movies, but really not much in the way of Thanksgiving movies. There are some, but it doesn't seem like there are a lot. Perhaps that's something that needs changing... But in the meantime, what are some of your favorites?

I can think of two:

Scent of a Woman
Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Which, just so happen to be two of my all time favorite films in general. Go figure. :)

OK........i thought it is the INDEPENDENCE day of TURKEY

lolz

by the way
John@Bophe as you said that

ad2478 -- you are awesome for always being willing to join a conversation! To clarify any confusion
--

I HOPE it is a COMPLIMENT.

By the way that is why i was confused that why here is a pic of a girl with TURKEY rather then having a TURKISH FLAG.

Last edited:
So... anybody have any films to add to my list?

Favorite Thanksgiving movies...

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles
Scent of a Woman

(Not so subtle shift back to the original topic)

Can't think of any more THANKSGIVING themed movies right away. I do think that "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles" is one of the funniest movies I've seen. That is a classic.

John@Bophe

Well thanks a lot for giving me the compliment. It is always an HONOUR for me to get compliments by my GURUS.

Regards

Happy belated Turkey Day. The reason that there aren't many Thanksgiving movies is because the movie gods made that day for us to give thanks for the entertainment that is watching the Cowboys win.

myth of fingerprints

One of my favorite movies ever is a Thanksgiving movie, called "The Myth of Fingerprints." With Roy Scheider, Blythe Danner, Noah Wylie and Julianne Moore. Written and directed by Bart Freundlich, it may have been his first.

One of my favorite movies ever is a Thanksgiving movie, called "The Myth of Fingerprints." With Roy Scheider, Blythe Danner, Noah Wylie and Julianne Moore. Written and directed by Bart Freundlich, it may have been his first.
I've not heard of it before.. might have to look that one up on netflix.

I have to say a Happy Belated Thanksgiving as well. I was away from my computer for 5 days and suffering withdrawl the whole time. :) plus there was more football than even I could watch....

The only Thanksgiving show that springs to mind is "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving". What can I say? Its not the holidays without Charlie Brown :D

Hope everyone had a nice holiday!

-- spinner :cool:

Back