Happy Birthday Cracker...

So, last night I went to bed grumpy, and I woke up grumpy. But today was awesome, so I'm not grumpy anymore.

Thanks again, for all the well-wishes, everybody.

Dready, did you know that chimps are my second-favorite non-human animal? Sorry, but dogs offer tough competition. But chimps are badass. You ever heard of Washoe? Famous chimp, learned a ridiculous amount of sign language. Okay, that's cool, but not really unusual. However, Washoe's keepers conducted a rather interesting experiment. Put her in a secluded chimp living-area, with absolutely no human interaction. They put a couple other chimps in there, with her, chimps that did not have any experience with sign language. Washoe taught them sign language. And they used it, on a daily basis. How awesome is that?!

Anyway, this study took place at my alma mater, Central Washington University. Listening to Washoe and her friends hoot and holler, while walking to class, was a normal part of the CWU experience. Anyway, thought you might find that interesting. Washoe basically proved that humans aren't the only species with culture.

Charles, you know me too well. :lol:

Positive, one thing I can't remember if I mentioned, earlier. You may already know this, but just in case you don't, the best food in Ubud isn't at the touristy restaurants, on the main roads (though, those can be nice). You gotta head down the back alleys. That's where the locals go, the prices are ridiculously cheap, and the food is so good. There's one place, in particular, I'm thinking of. If you were walking from the main market to monkey forest, about halfway there, take an alley to your right.

2001, I like that. I'm gonna use it.

wheat, you crack me up.

Murdock, I know, right?

Cheers!

Back