• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Guns, explosions, video games, and techno? YEAH

Hey guys, here we are again experimenting with a special effects-heavy video. This video portrays a video game, or in this case virtual reality. There are different characters each with specific weapons and special abilities and trying to kill each other. The title "Free for All" relates to a very common type of online gaming battle where everyone is trying to kill everyone.

Now, after seeing the comments from our previous video, we decided to incorporate some kind of story. This being the fact that it is a virtual reality simulation, putting these characters to the test. The actors were outfitted according to their characters, including weapons, clothing, and their special abilities.

So, this being said, enjoy!
We really want feedback!
(This entire video's audio was cut out because of all the unwanted noise we were getting, so we put a lot of work into filling the video with new audio. Also, this was our most special effects-demanding video yet.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zlx3sU4Ono

That was fun. I like your camera work. The SFX are pretty good.

If you just want to do these kind of battle videos, well, I guess there's no harm in that. But if you want something with a story, I think you should know that you haven't really done that, yet. What we have here is battle-battle-battle-battle-battle-battle-battle-battle-twist.

That was fun. I like your camera work. The SFX are pretty good.

If you just want to do these kind of battle videos, well, I guess there's no harm in that. But if you want something with a story, I think you should know that you haven't really done that, yet. What we have here is battle-battle-battle-battle-battle-battle-battle-battle-twist.

Thanks for your input. And yeah we really haven't done a lot of story. The one thing I think we have story with is "The Rebellion", which is a series we started in high school and progressively got better trying to make it a good series with a good story.

But again, thanks for your input. Appreciate it

I see more and more experimental and abstract films in the Narrative board every day...

Edit:

The special effects need more weight to them, for example during The Tanks rippling earth quake effect thing that knocks people over that could have really done with a sound effect of falling earth that rises quickly in volume as it gets closer to the camera, and also some camera shake (that could also probably get more intense fairly quickly). You don't want to just put that thing in without easing it to the audience, even rapidly easing it to them through a half second long volume increase from nothing to normal volume.

That kind of thing is all you really need. Besides the post-production camera shake you've nailed the visual side to things. Sound really is important though, and you should definitely work on that.

Last edited:
Back