Greetings from San Diego

Hi Everyone....

Great to find this group. Looks like lots of interaction and inspiration and experience.

About me... I've written some fiction over the years - but I've yet to try my hand at writing for film.

I got turned on to the 48Hour Film project, and I'm hoping to get on one of the many teams, as a writer / actor.

Someone at the SD Film Consortium mentioned Celtx - so I have that now and I started trying to write out a fun short film idea - that popped into my head. I got one scene down - but I realize I need to learn the whole 'how to' and 'structure' part of screenwriting.

It's sure a whole lot different than prose.

I'm hear to learn, complete that first short script, and hopefully be a useful contributor to one of the 48Hour film teams in July 2013.

DreamLarge:cool:

Last edited:
Someone at the SD Film Consortium mentioned Celx - so I have that now and I started trying to write out a fun short film idea - that popped into my head. I got one scene down - but I realize I need to learn the whole 'how to' and 'structure' part of screenwriting.

Celtx is awesome. :)

Structure is pretty important, too, yup. :cool:

So what's the idea you're working on?

Hi Zensteve...

Thanks for replying - I've moved my detailed response (what I'm working on - and help with the logline) to the Screenwriter's section.

Preview....(It's a fantasy romcom with a little mermaid - or should I say, merman action?)

DreamLarge

Last edited:
Hello and welcome :)

I am in southern California as well, near San D, as it goes. I hope you learn a lot from this forum. I'm pretty sure you will.

And I hope you get that position on one of the teams you mentioned! :D

-Robert

Back