GoPro?

I just got a GoPro Hero HD from my cousin who wanted me to edit some of his supermoto footage. I ended up making a trade for it cause I liked it so much. I've seen a lot of good looking footage on YouTube with guys using slow motion and 30 fps, not just using it as a helmet cam or what not. Also the Film Riot guys did an episode using it underwater in a "bullets in water" scene.

Anyways, just wanted to know if y'all used this cam before and in what ways. Seems like a good backup cam for the low/no budget film makers in the world, and would be good for establishing, driving, and underwater type of shots.

I just picked one up a month or so ago, originally just intending to use it on my motorcycle... turns out what I've used it most for in that period is time lapse. I'm in the middle of shooting a feature length documentary that involves quite a bit of travel around the U.S., so I've been taking it with me and mounting it on rental cars, busses etc when we travel (I have the suction cup mount so I can set it up quickly). I've been able to get some great time lapse shots that way that I think will really help as a way to convey the travel involved from place to place.

Picked one up just last week prior to a roadtrip. Ultimate goal is for use this winter for a documentary project. Experimented with it suction cupped on my car this past week as I drove though the mountains. Lot of jitter/jello and the wide angle lens wasn't the best for those shots but it has given me a lot of ideas. Have not tried the time Lapse yet.

I have some footage of fencers from the booth I work at the MN Ren Fest. We strapped the cameras to the top of their masks and let them go at it... rugged little suckers. I'll try to track that footage down.

Back