Good Compensation for a Motion Graphics Artist

Most of the motion graphics work I've had done for me has always been for free, but just to compensate for a good job I want to pay this person an amount that wouldn't be flat out offensive.

I have no idea the price range for something like an Intro for our film company would be. It's a 10 second version and a 15 second version.

All depends on the artist and how fast they work, what gear they use and how much time you want them to spend on it.

Most of the guys I work with and myself included, on the rush side maybe $200-250 for a couple hours to a half day, to really finesse it and make it stellar closer to $1k.

If you want a really good one, I'd say, put up an ad on craigslist or something similar and make the compensation $1000. You'll get a lot more good reels sent your way for you to make your choice from.

If you want a really good one, I'd say, put up an ad on craigslist or something similar and make the compensation $1000. You'll get a lot more good reels sent your way for you to make your choice from.

I have a few different vfx and motion graphics artists I've worked with, they're really talented but not professionals yet, and I didn't want to just ask they what they thought was reasonable. They'd probably tell me far less than what really is reasonable since I can afford it.

Back