series Glow on Netflix

sfoster

Staff Member
I was wondering what happened to Glow... I enjoyed the first two seasons and then never heard anything about the series.

So I looked it up and... the 3rd season has been out for months and the fourth season is the final season.
Years ago it seemed like alison brie was netflix's darling favorite... Glow was a flagship series, and Bojack Horseman was epic.
She had two great netflix shows at once.

What baffles me is that netflix never even gave me a notification that glow season 3 was out... or never suggested it to me or anything.
It's so confusing that they would put all the money into developing their own series and then not even promote it to the subscribers that watched the first two seasons...

Well alison brie is about to be out of work!!
Bojack Horseman and Glow are both going into their final seasons in 2020

Nows your chance to send her an offer to consider ;)

Last edited:
Oh damn now youtube is recommending liza minelli videos because i talked about glow season 3

I loved the first season of the show, but I didn't feel a reason to watch the second season. When I finally got around to watching it, I haven't felt a need to finish. Netflix doesn't release info on viewer details so it makes me wonder if the show saw a sharp decline in viewership but that they made contractual deals with everyone after the success of the first season. Everyone seemed to be talking about the show after the first season, but no one I knew wanted to talk about the second season, much less the third season.

I loved the first season of the show, but I didn't feel a reason to watch the second season. When I finally got around to watching it, I haven't felt a need to finish. Netflix doesn't release info on viewer details so it makes me wonder if the show saw a sharp decline in viewership but that they made contractual deals with everyone after the success of the first season. Everyone seemed to be talking about the show after the first season, but no one I knew wanted to talk about the second season, much less the third season.

Hey I'm on here talking about the third season!!
But it totally makes sense no one would be talking about it if netflix didnt even recommend it to people...

I enjoyed all three seasons although there are some feel bad wrestling-injury moments ... and people dont like to feel bad when watching tv.
There's also some comedy and great characters - I am not a fan of marc maron standup but shit he is amazing in this show.

He is either an incredible actor or the role fits him like a glove and he isnt even acting lol. Hes just too good in the role.

Alison Brie is really brave in this show too as an actress.
Her character isnt a very good actress in the show.. and she does auditions and stuff where she doesn't get the role and thats a scary way for an actor to present themselves. She also did some nudity in the third season that was funny and I thought that was creative and refreshing. Usually whenever you see a man naked in television its for a laugh ya know, you never see women get naked for a laugh and she pulled it off really well and distanced herself from the uptight reputation that all her characters portray.

Back