Give me festival leads.

Yo everybody. I got a new short movie I want to put into festivals. It's the first one I will submit ever. So I want the festivals to be relatively small and inexpensive. I live in Vancouver BC. Ya'll out there have any ideas of where I could go with my movie?

It's a Christmas comedy in colour. Filmed digitally. Runs about 22 minutes.

Thanks.

go to the Library and pick up the book "The film festival guide".

You know, Personally, I dont even submit my films to a festival. My suggestion is that if your trying to sell it. Contact places like Newmarket film and First run Features. They Distribute about 50 films each a year in DVD. You can also try Newline Cinema and Fine line Feature. Both of which have a "Submit film" link on there FAQS Page were you can invite them to see the finnished film or "Film in Progess". although Id be sure you have film worthy of such Theater Distrobution as I dont think they do much "Direct to video" release.

Anyone here in Northern California in the east county area? I will look it up as you advised but if you know any indie festivals east of berkeley or sanfrancisco then please let me know.

If it's a Christmas movie, you might try selling it to the New V. It's long enough for a cable company to run and stick some commercials in, so it might just be a seller around Christmas time.

Back