Getting REAL laugh tracks... for cheap?

Is it possible to get the real deal laugh tracks that are used on TV? I am so geeky as to listen closely and be familiar with the different chuckles and "belly" laughs. I did research and now know that Robert Douglas owns his father (Charles Dogulas)'s business, but they have handed the same laugh tracks over to different compainies. If anyone has any experience in laugh tracks, about how much would it cost to have 10-15 laugh tracks, and about 2-3 applause effects? I am hoping it will be under $100!

Check out FreeSound.org and type Laugh into their search engine.

It will pull up a lot of hits for laughter, that you can download (and use) for free.

Edit & mix them 'til you have it perfect.

Have fun. :cool:

Boy am I stupid. I just found 22 there! But they are not the exact thing I am looking for. (Sorry if I am making this sound bratty or endless) If it is impossible to get real laugh tracks, I will settle with these. I am primarily looking for kids laughing (an audience of kids, not two or three)

You could do it oldschool. Get two tape recorders record you and some others laughing into it. Play that back, and laugh with it, again recording, but this time with recorder #2. Do this a few times and it will sound like an audience. Its not the same thing, but its fun, free, and you do it yourself so there is a sense of pride.

Just layer a bunch of different laugh clips in your sound editing program and make your own. Several layers of three or four kids sounds like a lot more than that.

But are you sure you searched enough? There must be more than 22 laughter files at freesound. Besides freesound and sounddogs, there's also soundsnap.com, which has 350 files of laughter and 24 of just children laughing. There are tons of laughs in these free databases, in all situations (indoors, outdoors, crowds, small groups, children, etc.). And why pay a ton when you can get them for effin' free (or cheap)?

Last edited:
Back