FYI - ProRes 444

I never knew this, so there maybe others in the same boat. Apple ProRes 444 imports into PC Premiere Pro CS5.5 and works great, smooth, and only a yellow bar. This is the coolest intermediate if you're flipping back and forth between a Mac and a PC. It encodes quickly, also. Faster than Cineform in my opinion.

That is all. ;)

if your starting on a PC how do you go from MTS to prores files?

Sadly, you can't. If you were sharing files for collaboration, you would have to download the camera media into a mac, convert to ProRes, and then distribute the files to PC Premiere Pro 5.5.

I'm still working on the possibilities, I just didn't know Premiere and AE 5.5 PC could handle ProRes 4444.

Since Adobe CS 5.0 they have had the ability to decode and edit with PRORES422 and 444

So far, I'm impressed with 4444 as an intermediate I've got to say. I was in one of those "Let's take this and jam it in here and see what happens" kind of moods and it was a pleasant surprise. Smooth as butter even after making a test sequence that was full of nested AE stuff, grading, and denoiser - and it encoded out to H.264 pretty fast.

Back