Fundraising for Your Film

Kickstarter vs Indiegogo

Hi, There are 2 major differences between 2 sites:

1. Kickstarter don't work for Project Maker outside of the USA (and this is most main reason, no-one like Kickstarter in Europe, Asia and rest fo the world.
2. All or nothing (if you think deeper this is most stupidity rule - why - because mostly donators are family, friends or something similiar - if really some filmmaker try to get funds and try hardly all months to find similiar minds, and don't success because one hundred dollars and everything is vain. And a lot of people in Kickstarter if they need one hundred to success they give out his own pockets.

It is really hard to success
But it is one of few choices we must try
This is my campaigh I start yeasterday: http://www.indiegogo.com/After-Hours-River-Experimental-Feature

I wish you luck people, to the hell and back..

best
Slow Gin

I'm still working on getting my budget together for my film for private investors, so I haven't put anything on indiegogo yet, but I plan to. I've found that if you have done a lot of ground work, as mentioned above, the progects tend to get a lot more interest.

On a side note, I'm also a writer. I recently finished a book on fitness and tried to use kickstarter to get funding for initial printing. I only asked for 2K. Keep in mind this is a very useful book for anyone looking to improve their health and fitness. Kickstarter turned me down. I was suprised as I have credentials having written for magazines and web sites that are internationally known. It's not like I just started writing. So I'm turned off by kickstarter as I've seen projects on there with very little to offer and they get accepted. Maybe I should have said I've never written anything...LOL!

It seems, and this could be obvious, that IndieGogo and Kickstarter act as escrow accounts, playing the legitimate legally bonded collector of funds between the donors and the recipient?

Whereas creating a "Donate" PayPal button on your own website is frowned upon, if not illegal?

I'm *still* trying to get my promo clip together, but for fun I posted this site

http://jumpstarterkickoffagogogreenlightscameraaction.info/

not sure what I'll do with it. since I have like 5 projects I want to fund, it might be a catchall for the clips.

Back