• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch FSU Film Work - 1 Minute Project

:welcome: FSU has a good film program, how do you like it?

FSU Film

Quite honestly, I feel very satisfied here. The program is very organic but professional. Very production based, but I see that as a plus. We also shoot on the red one as of this year, so expect to see some interesting DPs to come out of here. Only take 30 kids, but the environment is so friendly. We all know each other and nobody is pretentious- all just eager.

Outstanding program- highly underrated (in my humble opinion)

+ thanks for the positive feedback!

Well it doesn't "make a dp more interesting", honestly.

The red is an entirely different camera than what we are used to. It's essentially a computer with an amazing light sensor. You have firmware updates that you are constantly installing- the camera constantly changes.

With this in mind, it is important to understand that the red is still relatively uncharted territory. FSU allows students the privilege to begin understanding this camera through multiple production cycles, so when we leave we are ready to jump in and have the advantage of being fluent in both film and digital production processes.

Back