• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Free promotion service

Hi,

I am offering a free (albeit small scale) promotion service to producers, directors, etc. It is something I'm doing for the love of it, not for profit, and to keep my rapidly ageing brain from deteriorating too quickly. I would be very interested to know whether people in this community think it a worthwhile thing to do. Worthwhile from a producer/director's point of view that is, rather than my own. I do have a small personal following and the aim would be to distribute the promotion pages via Facebook, Twitter, and communities like this one. The project is in its very early stages but I am hoping to be able to include regular update information on the progress of a film, photos from the set/location, interviews with cast and crew etc.

A rudimentary page can be viewed here.

Would be very grateful to know what people think of the idea in general.

Thanks, Hache

Hey Hache, sounds like a great idea. I think a lot of people would appreciate you promoting their project. Great to see people out there who want to help independent filmmakers like yourself! :D

How does this exactly work?
Hi. It works as a collaboration between me and usually the producer and/or director of a film. I create a page on my website which contains whatever detail the producer can provide with regular updates as the film progresses. Anything which the producer feels is useful information to get out I will try to include. I am in the very early stages of developing the service so don't have a great deal to show anyone yet. But for those interested please feel free to check out http://www.tatty-hache.fr where I am currently promoting Geist, a feature film for Eric Daniel Dunn. Links to the pages are distributed via my own blog list, Facebook, Twitter and now, this forum. Hope that clarifies. Hache.

Hey Hache, sounds like a great idea. I think a lot of people would appreciate you promoting their project. Great to see people out there who want to help independent filmmakers like yourself! :D
Thanks Chrisal. It's a labour of love. Hache

ANY free promotion sounds good to me. Even if it's small. Thank you :)
Hi. Thanks for that. I do some personal promotion for tribute artists and actors but have only included people I know personally so far. The Indie film promotion is new and am currently promoting just one film - Geist, a feature length movie by Eric Daniel Dunn. He has asked me to promote another for him later in the year and I am just about to start a page for a film called Still Summer to be shot next year in the south of France. If you're interested, you can look at the preliminary work for Geist at http://www.tatty-hache.fr Do let me know if I can help with any of your future projects. Cheers, Hache

Thanks Rafael,

Have had an overdose of movie trailers today so will look at yours tomorrow. There will be lots of questions I'm sure. Many thanks for your interest.

Best wishes

Hache

Last edited:
That's very awesome! I love seeing people helping out each other. Kudos to you, and I hope it works out well for you and the films you promote!

That's very awesome! I love seeing people helping out each other. Kudos to you, and I hope it works out well for you and the films you promote!
Awe thanks Josh. It's a labour of love for me. I spent my whole working life just trying to earn a crust and now that I'm out to pasture it's great to be able to dedicate some time to a group of people I admire so much for their dedication, determination and passion. It's what keeps the world turning. Hache

Back