Free original short film scripts anyone, to use for filmmaking?

I was wondering if any of you knew of any sites for free original scripts I can use just for practice, cause I'm not much of a screenwriter. Or if any of you have any scripts you've written or ideas for a story I can write into a script that would be cool too. Thanks

Most of these shorts are free or real cheap:
http://www.inktip.com/shorts.php
Feature length scripts are not likely to be free anywhere that I know of. There are lots of sites to download movie scripts to study.

I was wondering if any of you knew of any sites for free original scripts I can use just
for practice, cause I'm not much of a screenwriter. Or if any of you have any scripts you've written or ideas for a story I can write into a script that would be cool too. Thanks

Maybe some of us here could guide you through the process of writing a script. I think the original idea, at least the theme, should come from you, so that you will have a motivation and passion to see it through. What theme and genre moves you-- romance, horror, film noir, erotic, action, other? Are you looking to write a short or a feature?

Central to any film/script will be drama, i.e. conflict. Think of a conflict you might setup. Somebody wants something, obstacles are in the way, they must be overcome somehow. That is the basis of pretty much all screenplays, short or long.

I was wondering if any of you knew of any sites for free original scripts I can use just for practice, cause I'm not much of a screenwriter. Or if any of you have any scripts you've written or ideas for a story I can write into a script that would be cool too. Thanks

Last edited:
Alex Whitmer used to write shorts for free (he wrote a few for me, but ultimately I decided to write my own, I did not have motivation to produce someone else's stories), now he charges something because so many people took advantage of his services and never did anything with his scripts (I gave him back legal rights to his scripts he had sent me), but Alex is extremely fast in turnaround and affordable. His rates are so cheap as to be almost ridiculous, but from what I have gathered he lives somewhere in the south pacific, perhaps in a zen monastery or thatch hut or something so his expenses are low.
http://alexwhitmer.wordpress.com/about-me-writing-fees/

I was wondering if any of you knew of any sites for free original scripts I can use just
for practice, cause I'm not much of a screenwriter. Or if any of you have any scripts you've written or ideas for a story I can write into a script that would be cool too. Thanks

Last edited:
I'm also looking for scripts. I have a few ideas but currently I feel stuck on my writing. I have done several shorts and written their scripts as well. But now I want to try to focus on the direction and acting. So it would be good if at least I could reduce the effort on writing.

So if anyone has scripts that would like to share, or would like to develop I would be happy to discuss.

For more information about us: http://www.backlash-productions.com/backflop

Back