Free camera for your production

The free camera plan

• This is unethical

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • This is a guerrilla tactic and you gotta do whatcha gotta do

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • I'm not sure... hmmm.

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Didn't know about this! Going to do it now!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
MD: Many good cameras have a function on the camera's MENU that tells you how long the camera has been run. Go to a tab called RUNTIME. If it keeps the runtime, it will usually have a couple of different times but it's the drum time that really shows usage. This refers to the number of hours that the recording head has run, and is usually written like 13 X 10, which is 130 hours of drum time. Drum time's show how long the drums have worked with a recording, but also account for the playback time too.

I know my Canon GL2 didn't keep run time, my JVC does, and I'm pretty sure that Sony's and Panasonic's do.

The Canon does keep track of time, but you have to have access to special stuff to access it. The service techs @ canon can tell you how much it's been used.

MD, that was the easiest I've ever convinced someone of something. I actually had to think about the moral ramifications of lots of stuff I used to do when I had kids and suddenly ethical becomes a physical reality, not just something to be discussed between people. As I was performing offsite backups of software for people, it suddenly occurred to me that I would have to explain the difference between taking a candy bar and taking a copy of software that I didn't pay for. So I purchased all of the stuff I used, discarded the stuff I didn't want to git rid of but couldn't pay for and replaced all of that with FOSS software.

The Canon does keep track of time, but you have to have access to special stuff to access it. The service techs @ canon can tell you how much it's been used.

MD, that was the easiest I've ever convinced someone of something. I actually had to think about the moral ramifications of lots of stuff I used to do when I had kids and suddenly ethical becomes a physical reality, not just something to be discussed between people. As I was performing offsite backups of software for people, it suddenly occurred to me that I would have to explain the difference between taking a candy bar and taking a copy of software that I didn't pay for. So I purchased all of the stuff I used, discarded the stuff I didn't want to git rid of but couldn't pay for and replaced all of that with FOSS software.

Im a very open-minded person. And your point made me think, "how would I feel as a business owner?"

Back