• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Free (and crappy) VFX.

I have been doing some VFX training, in 2D and 3D, and I need as much practice as I can have.
So, if you have some old project that you left behind, or some footage that you would like me to add VFX to, I'll be glad to do it.
I like destruction projects the most (such as collapsing bridges), or adding elements to the footage.

I repeat: This will not be comercial grade VFX (at lease I don't want to promise that) but it's better than discarding an old project altogether.
Don't shoot stuff depending on me, since I might not do it, but rather upload useless footage that you would like me to try something on.

My company (website and prodco) is called The Clapper Bored.

It's a pun on clapper board and that's incorporated into the design of the website (www.TheClapperBored.com) but if you want to go in a different direction that'd be cool as well! Maybe an exploding clapper board! :D

Thanks for this dude!

Yes, yes, yes!

I'll bet your VFX is much better than mine. Can you make this logo less crappy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZObuUtg9kUE

A number of things are not really flexible. The music is my official logo music, so the length of the clip must stay the same. This is obviously (I hope so, anyway) intended to be an homage to the opening scene of "Star Wars", and that needs to remain the same. I guess I'm willing to consider a different font, but I kinda like the digital font. Mostly, I just want it to look more like a spaceship. Also, the effect of the front of the lettering being transparent then coming into view -- that was not intentional.

You game? If your results are awesome, I pay money. Not much, unfortunately, cuz most of my money is devoted to festivals, right now.

Here you go Nick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL-qNL0qaQg

I don't know if this is worse than what you expected, or better, but hey! Thanks for the chance to practice!
If you want to use it for your site, just tell me and I can upload a higher res version, if not, it's okay too!

I had a PM'd request, but I PM'd back asking for more information. If I he get's back to me tomorrow, I'll try my hand at it. If not, it's Cracker intro's turn

Last edited:
Ok, here we go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEaXE6Aea1E

If you like it, and plan on using it, just bare in mind that I can tweak stuff.

Just in case, everthing was done by me. Planet, background, everything but the sound :lol:

The text was a five hour render. I still don't know why.

Last edited:
Dang man, that looks really awesome. Just threw the 720p version up on my screen (of Cracker's and mine) and they both look great.

You're doing God's work and it's great! :)

Thanks again.

Sounds cool.

To be honest I really want to scrap the logo that I have on my Twitter and replace it with something that looks, well, better. Not sure if I'll keep the theatre mask when that happens because I'm not sure of its relevance to my website! But that's another bridge to cross at another time...

although I dont have any footage for you at the moment, i think its really cool what you are doing to get experience. (im on that boat too, graduating senior going to college.) BTW what college are you in?

Hi, Jake

The rendering changes you made to Cracker Funk's credit logo are great.

Another homage to Star Wars route would be a play on the length of a huge logo font spaceship moving into the camera's FOV by having either:

A - the letter face side of the stacked "CRACKER FUNK" font ship scroll past the left side into the FOV, when completely inside the FOV they make a soft starboard (right) turn to the current final display position. Because they remain stacked the font ship moves slower implying weight.

B - to play on length and to move the font ship faster implying power do the same with the "K" from FUNK lead in first, CRACKER behind it, as the word FUNK hits the starboard turn point it lowers by 53% into position while CRACKER moves up 53% into the turn (creates a thin 6%+/- gap) over the word FUNK.

Hmm... Maybe the word CRACKER should be in place first. In which case have CRACKER come in first from the right side, beginning with the letter C, followed by FUNK lowering under it.

In all your spare student time, of course. ;)

Back