• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

found footage horror/slasher

ok so i have been in the stump on an idea for a while now, and i was thinking of maybe doing a found footage style slasher film, here would be the basic premise and obviously in the very early development stages.

2 brothers have always dreamed of making a film, and just love it in general. They live with only their father and out some what away from the city, in more of the country. there father comes home one night with a present for them, which happens to be a video camera for them, as he is about to leave on a business trip. They await the arrival of the babysitter while messing with their new camera(from this point on everything is in the view of the one brother controlling the camera) when they think the babysitter has arrived, they begin being terrorized and stalked by 2 men in masks.

its just a basic idea, but yeah :P i have more planned and what not but anyone else's ideas ill consider and taking into account.

Lance Hendricksen played a sheriff in a vampire movie where a cop he worked with discovered a vampire lair inside of a high school. The genius there was switching between a security camera POV to the standard cinema camera filming style to play with the vampire's ability to be invisible in front of cameras. The title was "Vampires." But, I forgot the subtitle.

well no, i plan on shooting it with a canon t2i, which is what i have. I have a good audio recorder, a couple lenses the 50mm f1.8, 18-55mm, and 55-270mm if you can recommend any other cheap but cinematic lenses. But no i was thinking maybe they happen to come across a couple being murdered and peak around the house recording it, and the killer(s) notice someone is watching, maybe a reflection or what not. They panic and go to their grandpas vacation house or something of that nature too figure out what to do with the footage, and the killer(s) come for them, and from this point on it would be sort of a on and off between their camera POV and a regular film type shoot.

would anyone be willing to want to possibly help with this project? I plan to have a draft complete by the end of the weekend, or early next week. Would be looking for someone to be maybe a co-producer and/or someone to help with a possible score? but that won't be needed till further down the road. By the way i'm not one to start something and not finish, so no ones time would be wasted.

my bad on double post :P

I'm a sucker for found footage and slasher films, so I'm excited to see what this turn out to be...

As for ideas, what did you come up with? Whats the final outline?
I would turn the tables around on the stalkers and make the family(Kids and Dad) some crazy armageddon-apocalypse-fearing guys with a bunch of guns and ammo. So the stalkers end up being the ones to fear for their lives.. Just my 2cents.

Good luck!

Back