• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch For ROC: Sea And Sky

Went to the beach today, let the camera roll while I played with the kids..

Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3--5dY6OLSw

T2i, 18-55mm kit lens, ND 4x2

Oregon Cost North Of Seaside (Gearhart)

Im starting to really dig wide angle.. I need wider!

Are you talking aspect ratio or full frame wide? I find that 2.35:1 artificially gives a wider effect with crop factor cameras.

Then you get into 35mm film and find that it's a similar animal so maybe it's not so artificial after all.

Are you talking aspect ratio or full frame wide? I find that 2.35:1 artificially gives a wider effect with crop factor cameras.

Then you get into 35mm film and find that it's a similar animal so maybe it's not so artificial after all.

I think he's talking about the lens. What's crazy is that 18mm, on the T2i, isn't that wide when compared to a true wide shot on full-frame. But yeah, I'm with you wheat -- the wide lens is indispensable, in my opinion.

Makes you re-think the importance of that crop-factor, eh? Uh-oh, Panasonic better hurry with that shipment, cuz I think somebody is falling in love with the camera they've got. :)

Beautiful shot, BTW.

Last edited:
I was talking about the only way to get appreciably wider would be full frame. ;) Well, I guess there would be the anamorphic lens route too.

The second part was just comparing 35mm movie film (30X15mm) and the Canon ASP-C sensor size (22.2-14.8mm).

You live in a beautiful area, Wheat. We're by the ocean down here in Ventura, but to be surrounded by tall pines and mountains? Dang. I miss the forest -- like in the other wide shot you posted.

The decision is being made by Panasonic, I still don't have the camera, and the CC I ordered with expires this month... I think I would still like it more, but at this point, I want to focus on other things and stop spending time learning my camera. IF the GH2 ever shows up, Ill start worrying about it again.. :)

wheat the cabin I own is on Van Buren drive. Next door to the "Thistle Dew 2"

:)

Looks like you had fun. Did you get the Tillamook lighthouse at all?

I probably flew my fighter kite right there you were running. Small world.

The decision is being made by Panasonic, I still don't have the camera, and the CC I ordered with expires this month... I think I would still like it more, but at this point, I want to focus on other things and stop spending time learning my camera. IF the GH2 ever shows up, Ill start worrying about it again.. :)

Yeah, we'll see how you feel once your image is cropped further. I predict Canon victory.

Back