• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch First Timelapse

I've seen some amazing timelapse videography/photography out there recently, particularly of stars and so I've started looking into it myself. As I don't have the accessories (or ML installed) to make it auto take, I sat under the stars taking photos for an hour. About ten photos in I realised I should have brought an ipod or something, but oh well, I survived :P

https://vimeo.com/56218604

Shot on Canon 600D/T3i with kit 18-55mm lens. ISO 800, 10 second shutter speed over approx 45minutes starting at 11pm. Shot out the front of my house in Victoria, Australia.

-Brendan

About ten photos in I realised I should have installed Magic Lantern, after all, and saved my wrist from carpal tunnel and my forefinger from RSI

Fixed that for ya.

Good start. You shoot in RAW? Hope so. Throw the lot into DPP afterwards, and cc on image to your liking. Copy the reciper, and select-all/paste to the rest of the images. You could do a lot with your sky, with a bit of experimentation there.

Fixed that for ya.

Good start. You shoot in RAW? Hope so. Throw the lot into DPP afterwards, and cc on image to your liking. Copy the reciper, and select-all/paste to the rest of the images. You could do a lot with your sky, with a bit of experimentation there.

haha soon I shall hopefully have decided to risk the attempt of ML.

What is DPP? I didn't shoot raw for this one as I didn't know how to edit raw in Premiere or AE. (I know how to in Photoshop but didn't want to apply the changes to very photo manually... There's probably a way that I haven't found yet). There is also basically no CC for, I think I just bumped up the contrast slightly

What is DPP?

Canon's Digital Photo Professional. It's one of the many utilities on that installation disc that came with your camera. You can get free updates from the Canon website, but pretty sure the initial install has to come from the disc. It's very useful. :cool:

Also if you go into Adobe Bridge, and open the folder where your RAW images are located, you can open them all in Adobe Camera RAW (I think is a plug in for photoshop). It's kind of a scaled down version of Adobe Lightroom. I recently learned about it i have CS5 and was installed with the rest of my programs. It will allow you to make some nice adjustments, and then apply to all your images.

I hadn't even bothered installing the disc that came with the camera... Oops

I might try the Bridge route first as I have experience with it, though not really with Lightroom apart from opening it when I got it to see what it looks like. Thanks for all the advice

I liked the look of it! would love to see a longer version, it even inspired me to install ML on my 60d and already i've found some amazingly useful features!

Might even post my own timelapse in the next few days!

Back